As the number of ageing fields in Malaysia increases, the plugging and abandonment (P&A) of wells become a critical activity that carries major liability to operators and regulators. Experience in other parts of the world indicates that wells can make up over 50% of the overall field decommissioning costs. The need for competent technical staff trained in planning, managing and executing P&A has never been higher especially as well abandonment activities are at its early stage in Malaysia with operators having minimal experience.
This in-depth training course will cover the complete topic of well decommissioning, including P&A methodologies, industry guidelines and regulations, and current best practices. Attendees will learn the basic principles of well P&A to effectively manage the risks and uncertainties associated with well decommissioning whilst also developing good planning practices and effective cost control.
This course is brought to you by Pace Up Training Academy and Well Experts Services (WES) in collaboration with Well Decom Ltd., a trusted advisor on decommissioning and P&A in the UK with over 10 years’ experience in well decommissioning and related training.
- Become familiar with industry guidelines and the regulation of well decommissioning activities.
- Develop a practical appreciation of P&A objectives, operational phases and well status classifications.
- Consider a wide range of well structures (casing and completions) and the equipment required to access the well and execute P&A operations.
- Solve common P&A challenges through an understanding of the P&A process for a range of well types.
- Review P&A design and cost estimation processes including the identification, characterisation and management of risk.
- Discuss project optimization and current trends in ‘best practice’ to improve the efficiency of P&A projects.
- Well P&A Engineers
- Drilling Engineers
- Asset Owners and Regulators
- Wellsite Supervisors
- Petroleum Engineers
- Completions Engineers
- Engineering Managers
- Environmental Managers
- Government Regulators
Info not available
|Date Start||Date End||Time Start||Time End|